- Features & Benefits :
Constraints: Not suitable if grout is required to be chemically-resistant or completely impermeable.
- Suitable for walls and floors
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Suitable for intermittently wet and dry conditions
- Used in kitchens, bathrooms and showers
- Surface Preparation – Before starting to grout remove spacers and debris in grout joints and remove dust and dirt using a wet sponge. Do not leave water standing in joints. Room temperature must be between 4 deg C and 32 deg C. Apply grout release or sealer if necessary.
- Mixing – Use approximately 300 ml of water 10kg of Renafix tile grout powder. Place portable water in a clean mixing container and add grout powder slowly. Mix by hand or with a slow speed mixer to a smooth stiff consistency. Allow slaking for 5-10 minutes and remix.
- Application – Dampen tile surface with water. Spread with a sharp, firm rubber grout float. Work the grout paste into the joints until completely filled. Use diagonal strokes to pack the joints. Ensure that the joint is filled and grout is not just sitting on top (i.e. “bridging the joint”).
- Grout Primary Cleaning – Remove excess grout from the face of the tiles with the edge of the grout float. Hold the float at a 90-degree angle and pull it at a 45-degree angle diagonally across the joints and tile to avoid pulling out the material.
- Grout Secondary Cleaning – Remove remaining grout with a damp sponge (not wet) or a damp towel. Work diagonally to the joints. Allow drying. When the grout joints are firm, polish the surface with a coarse nylon pad or coarse cloth and minimal water.
PARAMETERS SPECIFICATIONS Joint Width 1 to 5 mm Pot Life 60 minutes Final drying time 24 hours at 20 degree C and 50% humidity Water demand 350ml water per kg Application temperatures Do not apply in temperatures below 5 degree C or above 30 degree C